<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/7167847?origin\x3dhttp://kaoru86.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
25 April 2006
Biggest Surprise
I knew i had to post this no matter how. When i was having my lunch with Rinn this evening, Jesvin brought me a good news on the phone. I received the biggest surprise in my life. Any other surprises fr presents cannot beat this one. I was told that i had won the WorldSkill competition and wil be able to take part in the final round in July. That was something i least expected because i knew that this is impossible for me. I took part merely for fun. Only singaporeans under 21 could take part in this competition which will be held in TP during March. Dorcas was the only one who volunteered to take part. It was something new to me. I don't take competitions since young because i'm afraid of losing. Sports day, badminton tournaments, whatever got to do with competitions, i don even dare to register. Even when i'm chosen, i was reluctant to run and lied that i had no PE shorts on tt day..haha.

Knowing all my other classmates couldn't join because of their age or nationality, it makes me more reluctant to join... but seeing dorcas spirit of taking part makes me kinda curious of this comp, y not just try it out? Though it might not win but its the experience i will be gaining. I pulled along si bin n kenny etc. but they didn't want to take part. I considered very long so Dorcas went to take the form alone that day. Since it was after 5.30pm that evening, lecturers had left and the next day i had no sch so i had to wait till friday if i wanna get the form. After hearing Dorcas persuading me to go and seeing her going alone, I decided to take part and give it a try. Mark n i waited to see Jesvin again on Friday morning lesson. Sad to hear that, there was only 1 place left. So we got to choose 1 between mark n me. Of course i requested to drop out and gave the only place to Mark. I wasn't really willing to take part anyway. We pushed the place to one and other till Jesvin got fed up, Y r the both of u pushing it to each other and not going to achieve it. Y not get ur classmates to vote instead. Most of our classmates were late tt day, perhaps every morning lessons. Daryl spoke out fr the silence. He felt that in design wise, Dorcas is better and for Technical wise i am better. I felt delighted that he praised me but i was also disappointed i had to join this stupid comp. So Mark wasn't chosen after all. That day was the last day to submit the form so i wrote on the spot and handed it to her immediately. Everything went fast.

I wasn't interested in this comp at all so i didn't even ask whether it will get me a cert for participating or whether i could get some money if i won. I told everyone..aiya won't win one lah.. go there gain experience only. I am not interested BUT i did my best in the comp. Through lucky draw method, i got the number 40, which was the last participator sitting very behind in the lab. Don worry no. 40 is just so call register number where u go to no.40 computer seat to do ur work. 6 hours in TP and a pukey taxi journey wif jesvin brought me this very special gift. On our way back after the comp, jesvin said she couldn't get the chance to see my logo and i thought chey nothing special anyway, it's not like u would regret if u missed it. Last week during lesson, Jesvin reminded us the results will be out this week. I was like *penG* Sian, will hear something disappointing anyway. Didn't even listen which day will get.

So i was really surprised when i got this unexpected news. I wasn't acting ok! I couldn't describe that kind of...feeling. My hair stands when i knew i won. I even thought she said in a sarcastic way. Congratulations! u won the worldskill comp! Who would thought of it to be true. I was stunned when i was eating Long John Silver. My hair stands whenever i recalled, it came true. Unbelievable.

Out of the 40 ppl participating, they chose 6. That includes me. And then the 6 will go and take part in the final in July.. for Singapore. Then the 1st and 2nd winners will get to go Japan, representing Singapore to take part wif other countries. This seems most impossible to me. Well i might be lucky to get into the final but that doesn't mean i will be lucky enough to go Japan again. Maybe this surprising gift is not something to be glad of, if it doesn't bring me a cert, it makes no difference whether i did took part anot.

My instince tells me that i will not get any cert for this. This brought me happiness but it doesn't bring me future maybe.
(Your Name) ♥ 11:10 PM
About Me
Memories
Wishing...
Links
Loved
Tag Board
Layout Information